October 27, 2010

More independent

You've grown to be so much more independent these past few months and we're so proud of you!

It's great when you wake up in the morning and come over to Annette's room to be able to sleep on my mattress quietly on your own (so you wouldn't wake Annette) if you woke up too early or go out to watch TV if I'm busy trying to put Annette back to bed. You used to make sounds (even though you didn't make noise) like shuffling on the bed and Annette would be stirred especially when I would be trying to make her go back to sleep. So now Annette can sleep in a bit more and I can spend a bit more individual time with you. Though you sometimes whisper to me while I'm in the midst of making Annette sleep because you can't get to the Disney Playhouse channel, I'm glad you're more patient and understanding when I signal quietly to you to wait a while more.

You would even wait patiently at your potty for me to come out after putting Annette back to bed so I can wipe you dry. I'm really so proud of you. Looking forward to making changes to our only existing toilet in our 4-room flat which is very cramped because the sink is in the way so I have yet to train you to use the toilet on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive